E3 2017 is arguably the biggest event in the gaming industry calendar and it’s taking place right now in Los Angeles, California.
This year will be a big hardware year for Microsoft with the final reveal of its brand new 4K console, Project Scorpio, but it’s not all about the hardware; E3 is the place where all the big publishers show off the games you’re going to be looking forward to for the next year (or five) and Ubisoft, EA, and Bethesda will have reveals sure to get your gaming engines going.
We’ll collect all the biggest announcements, rumors and speculation from this year’s show for your perusal on this page, so read on for our constantly updated guide on this year’s show.
Cut to the chase
- What is it? The world’s biggest annual gaming expo in Los Angeles
- When is it? Happening now, though the show officially runs June 13 – 15
The announcements of E3 2017
- First FIFA 18 gameplay trailer revealed
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 multiplayer gameplay trailer is here!
- Madden 18 gets its first-ever playable story mode
- Need for Speed Payback clearly inspired by Fast & Furious
- Anthem is a new game from the team behind Mass Effect
EA kicked off things off with its EA Play event on Saturday, June 10, and, boy, was it full of great gameplay footage. We got tantalizing looks at FIFA 18 and Need for Speed Payback with wicked gameplay trailers, and got a big gulp of multiplayer in Star Wars Battlefront 2.
We also learned Madden 18 is shaking up the franchise with its first-ever playable story mode. You play a young prospect as he struggles to make it into the NFL. Called Longshot, the mode’s trailer will give you goosebumps.
Finally, a new IP called Anthem was revealed. From the team behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age, EA said we’re in for an even deeper dive during Microsoft’s press conference on Sunday, which takes place at 2pm PT/5pm ET/10pm GMT.
Turn to page two for all of our pre-E3 predictions and news!