Tax-time sales are here again. The end of the financial year is often when retailers try and get rid of aging stock or work overtime to reach sales targets, with the result being massive discounts on a range of products – from cars to home appliances and plenty in between.
The TechRadar team is here to help you find the best tech products on sale for the cheapest prices. Note that some of the offers on our list end before 30 June, but we’ll keep this story continuously updated to include any new deals we find between now and the EOFY to help you snag the best bargains.
And don’t forget, we’re still collecting the best non-EOFY tech deals over here, so take a squiz to find more of our hand-picked bargains!
PCs & LAPTOPS
- Dell XPS 13 5000 2-in-1 (4GB RAM/128GB SSD; $949): This 13-inch 2-in-1 from Dell has been designed for work and productivity by reducing bezels and maximising screen size on a portable device. For the model featuring an Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD, you can save $450, bring the price down from $1,399 to a sweet $949.
- Dell XPS 13 5000 2-in-1 (8GB RAM/256GB SSD; $1,079.10): For a tad more grunt under the hood, you can get XPS 13 5000 2-in-1 featuring an Intel Core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD for $1,199, saving you $400. But, until 5 June, you can get an additional 10% off on this machine by applying the code EXTRA10 at checkout, bringing the price down to $1,079.10.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E470 ($949): Designed for productivity, this 14-inch laptop features an Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 256GB SSD and a 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics chip. Lenovo is offering this device for a low $949, saving you $650 on the RRP of $1,599. This offer ends 26 May, but we’ll keep you upraised on any further offers from Lenovo.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E570 laptop ($999): Lenovo promises that this 15.6-inch laptop will meet every business need in terms of storage, memory, graphics and your budget. It features an Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB of memory and a 1TB hard drive alongside a 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M graphics card. Plus you can save $500 on this machine by heading to Lenovo’s website and getting it for $999. This sale also ends 26 May.
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460 ($1,279): Save a whopping $870 on Lenovo’s 14-inch ThinkPad Yoga 460 convertible featuring an Intel Core i5 CPU, 16GB memory and a 256GB SSD. It’s available online at Lenovo for $1,279, down from $2,149. Offer valid until 26 May.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T470s ($1,569): Designed to carry your work around with you, this 14-inch laptop from Lenovo features a FHD display, an Intel Core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. There’s also $630 to be saved, with the laptop now on sale for $1,569 instead of the usual $2,199 RRP. Sale ends 26 May.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T570 ($1,499): If you need more screen space for increased productivity, then Lenovo’s 15.6-inch ThinkPad T570 might be what you need, with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and a Core i5 processor. Not to mention the $600 off on the device. It’s available for $1,499, down from $2,099. Offer available until 26 May.
- Microsoft Surface Book (Core i5; $1,899): Featuring a 13-inch PixelSense touchscreen display, an Intel Core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD, this laptop/tablet hybrid has a detachable screen and carries enough of an oomph factor to be premium. But grab it from Kogan and you can save $390 – it’s currently available for $1,899 and includes the Surface Pen.
- Microsoft Surface Book (Core i7; $3,799): For a touch more power, you can get the Surface Book powered by a Core i7 processor and featuring 16GB RAM and 1TB storage for $3,799 from Kogan, saving you $1,149.
SMARTPHONES & ACCESSORIES
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (from $699): If you want a smartphone that has an edge over the others (yes, pun intended), then the Galaxy S7 Edge is still one heck of a phone, despite Samsung’s latest flagship flooding the market. You can save plenty on this 32GB smartphone by getting it from junior telco Vaya for prices starting at $699.
- Huawei Mate 9 ($769): This a phablet boasts a robust build, an impressive camera, powerful processor and great battery life. It also comes with a premium price tag of $999, but you can save $230 by getting it the gold model from Tandy for $769.
- Apple iPhone 7 (128GB; $999): Prefer iOS over Android? Kogan can save you money on Apple’s latest flagship phone. You don’t need to shell out $1,229 for the 128GB Red Special Edition model of the iPhone 7 as you can , saving you $230 and adding a brilliant splash of colour in your pocket. But keep in mind that this is a direct import, so make sure you’re comfortable with purchasing an international model.
- Samsung Tab A 10.1 ($299): The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 comes with a 10-inch screen running at a 1920 x 1200 resolution, as well as having a capable Exynos 7870 mid-range processor and 3GB of RAM packed inside – great for streaming videos and being entertained while on the go. Plus on this Android 6.0 Marshmallow-toting device by getting it from Kogan for just $299. That’s down from $449.
- Samsung Fast Charging wireless stand ($69): Samsung’s Fast Charge wireless pad outputs at up to 9 volts 1 amp, for 9W of power rather than the usual 5W. Samsung says it’ll charge your phone from flat in 120 minutes. So if your handset is a Qi charging-enabled device, you can forget cables and to add some juice to your phone. It’s available for $69 on Kogan, saving you $50 on the RRP of $119.
AUDIO & VIDEO