November 25 is when Black Friday will officially hit the UK although there’s already plenty of buzz happening.
With only two days to go, micro-enterprises and small businesses may well benefit from the massive price cuts that often happen around this period, something that could save them thousands of pounds off products and services they would normally have bought anyway.
That’s a massive boost to the bottom line and profitability. Black Friday is not restricted to Friday 25. Amazon, which popularised the concept in the US, has already confirmed that Black Friday sales will last two whole weeks.
This article has last been updated on Thursday 24 November.
Black Friday tech deals
- Cheapest Core i3 laptop. Lenovo B50-50 Core i3 laptop with 128GB SSD and 4GB of RAM. Was 339.98, now £278.98, a saving of £61 or 18%. Purchase it from Laptops direct now or with a 500GB hard drive from BT for £269.98.
- Cheapest Core i7 laptop. HP 250 G5 Laptop with Core i7, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. This business laptop costs £479 with free delivery. Get it now from Ebuyer.
- BlackBerry Priv Android business smartphone. Was £549, now £288, a saving of £261 or 48%. Available directly from BlackBerry online.
- Big monitor for cheap. Acer S271HL 27 inch full HD Wide screen Monitor for £129.99, a saving of £50 or 28%. Get it from Amazon.
- BT’s cheapest unlimited deal Unlimited BT Broadband + unlimited UK weekend calls for £22.99 a month inc. line rental. £9.99 upfront. Save £120 across 12 months. Get this deal from BT direct.
- BT’s cheapest unlimited fibre deal Unlimited BT Infinity + unlimited UK weekend calls for £27.99 a month inc. line rental. £59.99 upfront. Save £144 across 12 months. Get this deal from BT direct.
- BT’s cheapest combo fibre deal Unlimited BT Infinity + unlimited UK weekend calls + BT TV Entertainment Starter for £29.99 a month inc. line rental. £69.99 upfront. Save £166 across 12 months. Get this deal from BT direct.
- HP M477fnw LaserJet Pro Multi-Function Colour Laser Printer with free delivery. Was £274.98, now £194.98 after cashback, a saving of £80 or 29%. Buy it from Ebuyer.
- HP 250 G5 laptop with Core i3, 256GB SSD and full HD display. Was £399.99, now £288.98, a saving of £110.01 or 28%. Buy it straight from Ebuyer.
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S convertible tablet with keyboard and 128GB storage. Was £849.99, only £549.99 with free delivery. A saving of £300 or 35%. .
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 12.3-Inch Tablet with Keyboard, Intel Core M3-6Y30, 4GB RAM, 128GB Storage. Was £799.99, now £599.99, save £200 or 25%. Buy it from Amazon or Microsoft Store.
- Lenovo ThinkStation P310 Tower Workstation with 3-year warranty. Was £749.99, now £674.99, a saving of £75 or 10% with eCoupon XEONSAVER. .
- Dell C1760NW Wireless Colour Laser Printer with a free paper ream. Was £109.98, now £89.99, a saving of £19.99 or 18%. .
- Save a massive 50% off your business hosting packages with UK2.net. A year’s worth of costs only £59.82 excluding VAT as part of their autumn deal.
- Dell E310dw A4 Wireless Mono Laser Printer with duplex. Was £50.08, now only £29.99 with free delivery. Save £20.09 or 40%. .
- With the release of the new version of , Bullguard will be offering 40% off Antivirus, 70% off the new Internet Security and 70% off the new Premium Protection from Monday 22 to Friday 27.
- MSI GT62VR 6RD-014UK workstation with an Intel i7-6700HQ, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 15.6″ FHD IPS. Only £1598.99, was £1699.99, save 6% or £101. .
- Netgear R7000-100UKS Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit 11AC router. Was £199.99, now £99.99, a saving of £100 or 50%. .
- Lenovo IdeaPad 510 15.6-inch laptop with full HD display and 1TB hard disk drive. Was £459.99, Now 299, a saving of £160.99 or 34%.
- HPE ProLiant ML10 Gen9 Pentium G4400 v5 2/3.4GHz 4GB Tower Server without OS or HDD. £144.99 after cashback. .
- HP 250 G5 Core i3 laptop with free BullGuard Internet Security software. Was £399.99, now £289.98, a saving of £110.01 or 28%. Bag it now from Ebuyer.
- HP Envy 4524 All-in-one wireless inkjet printer with 5 months free instant ink. Was £49.99, Now £35, a saving of £14.99 or 29%.
- Relish 4G unlimited wireless broadband (with a refurbished modem) costs only £15 per month on a 12-month contract. That’s a massive 25% saving or £60 over the duration of the contract. You will need to check your coverage first though. .
- Acer Aspire E5-773g laptop with 17.3-inch full HD screen, Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 2TB storage. Was £800, now £639.95, a saving of £160 or 20%. You can get this deal from John Lewis here.
- Incredible Mac bundle. Get Parallels, 1Password, PDFpen, Pocket Premium, Kaspersky Internet Security and many more Mac apps for only £34.99, a saving of nearly 90% or £344. Only a few days left on this one – you can grab it direct from Parallels here.
Buying for business on Black Friday?
If you or your company are planning to purchase technology or office products during the Black Friday promotions, here are a few hints.
1. Have a product hit list
Businesses, big or small, usually have a list of technology products either listed on a “want” memo or a “to be refreshed” spreadsheet. Black Friday is the perfect opportunity to tick products off those two lists, helping businesses save money. If possible, have the exact URLs of the items themselves. Bookmark these and any alternatives should your first choice be unavailable.
2. Ask your suppliers
Openly query retailers on their marketing plans for Black Friday, either over Twitter or Facebook. Chances are they this request may get momentum from other potential customers as well. Vendors are more than happy to disclose information this way.
3. Software and services
Hardware deals are the most popular on Black Friday but the best deals are likely to be on software and services because margins are usually higher on these. Black Friday is an excuse for providers to shore up new customers with exclusive, so keep a close eye on potential deals on broadband, security and VPN deals.
4. Be wary about availability
Bear in mind that stocks are always very limited on Black Friday deals so the likelihood of bulk purchasing 10 or 20 units of a particular laptop model, for example, is likely to be prohibited by the retailer.
5. Beyond Black Friday
Keep an eye on Small Business Saturday, a scheme launched in 2010 by American Express to encourage people across the country to support small local businesses by buying from them. There’s also Cyber Monday which takes place three days after Black Friday. At least two retailers told us they won’t be doing Black Friday and will focus on Cyber Monday instead.
What Black Friday business deals will be listed here?
Visit Techradar’s main Black Friday page for even more deals